The Bijou Fountain Pen - Printmaker's Teal
Barcode 818351003003 818351003010
Now available for retailer Pre-Order; shipping in late-December 2023. Other product orders placed with this pre-order, will NOT ship until the pens are ready in December. If you would like to receive other items now, please ensure those orders are placed separately to avoid shipping delays. Unfortunately, we are not able to modify orders once submitted.
Our newest masterpiece, The Bijou – Inspired by crown jewels and characterized by two new, mesmerizing lacquer finishes. Available in Sapphire Lacquer and Snowfall Lacquer options, both convey a stunning play on light. This symphony of visual delight continues with an intricately detailed grip, and double gold-plated brass hardware.
At the heart of The Bijou lies a new two-tone No. 5 steel nib; experience smoothness in every stroke. With improved machining and threading accuracy, expect a high-quality instrument that is equipped with a removable feeder unit that allows for easy maintenance. The Bijou arrives with a standard international size ink converter, ready for your favourite Ferris Wheel Press ink and next stroke of brilliance.
The Bijou proudly claims the honour of receiving Lord H.H. Evergreen's Loyal Warrant, an emblem of unrivalled quality and prestige in the Ferris Wheel Press universe. The Bijou is the compact instrument of choice appointed by Lord Evergreen and the Loyal Family of Ferris Wheel Press.
- All new signature two-tone No. 5 smooth writing steel nib
- Stunning Sapphire Lacquer finish with mesmerizing depth
- Intricately detailed brass grip with double gold plated finish
- Removable nib and feeder
- Includes standard international size ink converter
Once Upon a Design
- Grip design drawn from traditional letterpress printing machinery and typographic motifs from the Ferris Wheel Press logo.
- A beloved everyday instrument of choice commissioned for the Loyal Family, made to be admired and begs to be picked up as your favourite creative tool, everyday.
- Full brass body with Sapphire Lacquer or Snowfall Lacquer finish
- Nib: Two-Tone Stainless Steel #5 in Fine/Medium, removable feeder
- Brass grip/hardware with engraved and double gold plated details
- Total length:143.7mm
- Total Width: 12mm
- Cap length: 56.3mm
- Body length: 91.3mm
- Grip length: 21mm
- Total weight: 22.7g
- Filling System: Standard International sized piston converter
- DO NOT post the cap onto your pen when writing. Our pen has been designed and balanced to write with the cap un-posted
- The threads of the cap are brass and risk damaging the lacquer if you post the cap
- Store pen vertically with the tip pointing upwards when not in use to minimize clogs; routine flushing and maintenance recommended, especially with sparkling inks
Filling your Bijou Fountain Pen
- Unwind the grip from the barrel of the pen to reveal the converter
- Pull the converter off of the grip assembly
- Clean your nib and converter by rinsing it in cold water until water runs clear
- If the pen has not been in use for a few weeks, you may need to submerge the nib for an hour to loosen up the ink
- Air dry the nib and converter and reassemble when fully dry
- Twist the end knob until the piston is fully depressed
- Submerge the entire nib into the ink, and SLOWLY twist the piston to draw the ink until the converter is fully extended
- It is normal to have some small air pockets at the top of the converter